Pages

Friday, May 28, 2021

Ferrymead Experience Of the 1850s.

Ferrymead Experience Of the 1850s.



I learnt
1) boys dressed in grey knickerbockers and shirt
2) shoes had to be looked after
3) girls went first they were long dresses and aprons
4) how to make candles for lighting the hut
5) people traveled on ships and put their clothes in wooden trunks
6) filled in a sheet to immigrate and couldn't if they had a disease
7) cooked on fires 
8) made string from flax

My Day at Ferrymead

To start off we jump on the bus and started to talk then we got off the bus and walked in the Entrance.
We got dressed in these old in day clothes. I got a little bit embarrassed but got used to it and then I went to candles. how you used the candles is you get these strings dip them in this wax and keep on doing it and then you will have a candle. 
I went to the hall and learnt about this ship thing I didn't know what it was at first but a teacher helped me. We had to put the things we were taking on the ship into one trunk and the things we needed when we got to New Zealand in another.
 Then I went to immigration. I thought it would be better but it was alright we got to see these random things and we picked one what we wanted. I picked a black suitcase it was pretty cool pretty rusty but yeah we told stories about what you think that there jobs where i thought the job was to work at the bank that means i am rich






2 comments:

  1. This is amazing writing D’Lonte! I enjoyed listening to you read it to me at school yesterday. You are getting so good at your reading and writing. You must have really listened on your trip. I hope you enjoyed your experience. Keep up the amazing writing! I love reading them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon said I had worked very hard on my Ferrymead experience and it was very interesting. She learnt heaps. Her favourite fact was how candles were made.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question. Encourage me to make another post.